Shipping & Return Policy
Thank you for trusting CounterBalance® for your countertop needs and we will make certain your items arrive both safe and in a timely fashion. In stock items ordered, and processed through the credit department before 2PM are normally shipped that day. You will be notified immediately of out of stock items and the time frame you will receive item/s. If you have an emergency, please call! We will make every effort to get your order shipped. Buyers will be notified within 24 hours of any shipping delays.
CounterBalance® provides many options for shipping your items either fast or slow, but always economical and safe. Our primary small package shipper for domestic service is UPS but we also offer US Postal Service and Federal Express as options. We have very competitive contracts with major truck lines like Old Dominion, UPS Freight, and others for large orders or palletized loads. We will ship using your contracted carrier when provided with valid account information. Please call for estimates of shipping charges if you wish to compare our rates to that of your carrier.
CounterBalance® collects and pays Pennsylvania state sales tax for orders shipped within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that are not exempt for valid reasons. Some products we sell are not exempt from sales and use tax. Sales tax on those items will be added to orders from in-state companies and added to your invoice. Orders shipped out of the US are subject to local customs duty or VAT upon delivery in the Buyers country. These taxes are collected by the transport company and paid to the foreign government. CounterBalance® is not responsible for nor do we get a penny of these taxes. Before ordering items for export, be certain what taxes you will have to pay on arrival. We accept no responsibility for taxes, custom duty or VAT charged on delivery.
In the unlikely event that your order should arrive damaged please take the following steps:
- If the delivery driver is present, have them make note of the damage in their log or electronic scanner. You may refuse to accept the order at this time.
- If you have accepted the item or the damage was unseen, save all packing materials, especially any damaged packaging. Call or email us as soon as possible. Take picture, if possible. Do not simply return the damaged item without following this procedure. Failure to follow these instructions could jeopardize your claim. We will take care of contacting the delivery firm and filing the necessary paperwork to replace or refund your order.
Items returned due to an improper address supplied by the Buyer will have to pay to ship the order correctly.
CounterBalance® will accept any new regular stock item for return within 14 days of receipt of the item under the following conditions:
- All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee, that directly result from consumer error. If Chemical Concepts ships incorrect or defective products, the fee will be waved.
- Return shipping and insurance are the responsibility of the Buyer.
- Buyer must obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) by calling or emailing CounterBalance® prior to returning an item. Items returned without an RGA will be refused and returned.
The following items are not returnable:
- Improperly stored items
- Special order items
- Used items
- Expired material is not returnable unless the items were accidently shipped from our stock at the time of expiration.
- Hazardous materials unless the shipper is an accredited HAZMAT shipper.
Items must be as they were shipped: All original packaging, instructions, and factory supplied accessories must be returned. Items returned with missing or damaged packaging, accessories, or instructions may be assessed a restocking fee of up to 20% or be returned to the buyer. Items that are made unsalable by the presence of damage, stains, odors and smells from cigarette smoke, animals or other environmental issues may not be returned.
Shipping charges are not refunded.
All returns are thoroughly inspected and tested upon return and refunds are processed after passing inspection. No refunds or credits will be issued for non – conforming returns. Refunds, less shipping, will be made using the same method as the order was paid originally.
To return merchandise: please pack in original container or acceptable replacement with a copy of original sales receipt/shipping invoice and mail to the address below:
CounterBalance® • 410 Pike Road • Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006.
For HAZMAT returns please call: 1.800.220.1966